Now it’s time for the final slice of the survey takers: Married
Married slice – Part I | Married slice – Part II
Married takers: 18 (7 male+11 female) 35% of the total takers
Nationality: 16 Egyptians, 1 German and 1 Romanian
- Male age varies from mid 30s to mid 40s
- Female age varies from mid 20s to mid 30s
Here are the questions they took..
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED?
Less than a year 2 (1 male+1 female)
1-2 years 3 females
3-5 years 7 (2 males+5 females)
6-10 years 4 (3 males+1 females)
More than 10 years 2 (1 male+1 female)
HOW DID YOU KNOW YOUR PARTNER?
10 said they’re colleagues (school/college/work)
6 said via family or friends
2 said from the INTERNET
WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOUR PARTNER IS YOUR DREAM GUY/GIRL?
10 said yes (3 males+7 females)
5 said no (3 males+2 females)
2 gave indecisive answers (sometimes/maybe) (1 male+ 1 female)
- I had no dream guy. I always thought that my career comes first and once I establish a great career , I will start in about marriage (at 28-30yrs)!!
- Thought he was but found he isn’t
- No – P.S: Seriously, I never had a dream girl.
HOW DID YOU THINK OF MARRIAGE BEFORE TAKING THE STEP, AND HOW DO YOU THINK OF IT NOW?
- Completely different.. I thought of a soul mate.. I got a bad room mate
- Before marriage: big step we need it all….but we have to think more than 100 times…..after marriage, nothing change
- Big mistake in life:)
- The same. I knew that it got it’s pros & Cons, which is more.. It vary.
- before: useless. after: harmful
- Hated it before I met her . And now I think it was the right choice.
- Before Marriage, I was thinking that its burdens are less that what I discovered after marriage. However, I could adapt to it though it took some time. But now, after my daughter is about to join the university and my kid is as tall as me, I feel really good and satisfied
- First, I was scared of the idea of me leaving my family staying with him alone, and just too damn scared of responsibility, but now I feel it’s a blessing to have a home with the man I loved and to have my own family, house and life the way I want it to be.
- I know it would be hard but not this hard.
- I didn’t think. It was the natural next step!
- I was extremely excited and can’t wait to be with him, counting down till the day comes. I feel I made the right selection by choosing him.
- before: new life, new responsibilities, sharing ur life with ur other half,….after: hard, Stressing, some times i just can’t take it, Some time i wish i did never take this step and wounder how others are willing to get married again.
- In a nut shell what then: I thought is that marriage means that we will share every detail of our life and we will enjoy doing interesting activities together. I understood that it is a lot of responsibility but I believe that I was a very responsible person before marriage so this did not scare me and I felt that responsibility won’t feel hard if you are doing it with the one you love. Now: My idea along (regarding the previous points) did not change that much. My expectations did! but I understand this.
- I dont remember before marraig .. but now i think marriage is a big step u should prepare yourself to handle a huge multiple responsibility
- Before: I thought it’s a kind of cage. Now = I know it isn’t a ”cage”, but contrary it’s a place where people can find themselves ( of course all depend on the right partner )
- I was afraid to take this step but no i’m happy that i took it
- I was married before and knew reality. but i thought HE would be different
DID THAT IDEA CHANGE WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE? WERE YOU IN ANY WAY DISAPPOINTED?
5 (3 males+2 females) said they were disappointed
10 (4 males+6 females) said they were not disappointed
- Sure experience has a great influence, what u r through affects u and ur judgments.
- I am sooooo disappointed
- Disappointed might seem a strong word. But to answer your question, It was not exactly what I expected. That does not mean that I am totally disappointed. You learn from the experience, and you cope!
- Its not disappointed, its about missing thing and dont know what is it, but with time i want to be happy so i’m looking for the missing parts
IF YOU CAN GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU DODGE? WHAT WOULD YOU REDO? WHY?
9 (4 males+5 females) said they won’t dodge anything
5 would like to change/dodge somethings:
- 2 said they wont get married to that person.
- would dodge the pre marriage useless arrangements (personal favorite)
- would want some time to know the partner and sleep with her first
- Avoid the partner’s family.
HOW CRUCIAL IS LOVE TO MARRIAGE?
8 (3 male+5 female) said it’s important
4 (1 male+3 female) said it’s important along with many other things
1 female said not important
1 male wasn’t decisive
- dunno, never experienced love
- It is as crucial as money to happiness. (personal favorite)
- very important, yet still marriage doesn’t have to be on a big love story, for me even so .. love gets stronger and deeper with life and partnership of marriage.
- Life stresses you and your partner in all possible ways. Under all the pressure, the only thing that keeps us going is to remind ourselves of how crazy we love each other and this what keeps us going!
- I loved him, now i lost my love 4 him. and being with a person that u respect and love like a family member but not like a partner/ romantic just hurts both of us, and keep us stuck in a difficult situation
WHAT WERE YOUR REASONS FOR GETTING MARRIED? AND WHY THIS PERSON?
8 (all females) said love was one or main reason
3 said stability or/and having kids
2 said they want companionship and happiness
2 (males) said social reasons
2 (1 male+1 female) said they find an understanding partner
1 said religious reasons
- he made himself seem to be responsible and ready 2 get married, if i knew he wasn’t ready i would have never get so close contact to be able 2 fall in love
- I could not afford being apart of him, I wanted to be kept inside his hug till the no end.
- I chose her coz she seemed less nekadeya. . Shame on me
- I find my wife pious and conservative in moderation.
ARE/WERE YOU SATISFIED WITH YOUR SEXUAL LIFE?
10 (4 males+6 females) said yes
5 (2 males+3 females) said no
2 females were indecisive
I dont have one. Since i lost my love 4 him i cant imagine a sexual relationship with him
To be continued