The ‘never been married’ slide (single + engaged + in a relationship).
They represent 61% of the takers, sums up 32 people.
Here are the questions they took..
WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET MARRIED?
- 22 (12 males + 10 females) said they wanna get married.
- 4 females gave a strict NO.
- 3 females said they wouldn’t care about marriage per se. But they would, only for the social and cultural restrictions.
- 2 (1 female + 1 male) said it’s not the right time to get married.
- 1 female said yes and no.
Yes, because I can’t be king of the world by myself.. that would be boring! I need my queen at my side to enjoy it. More importantly I need her because I can’t make it there on my own.
DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM PARTNER.
- 7 (4 male + 3 female) have an unclear, general descriptions mostly in their mid 20s.
- 3 males seem to be indecisive regarding having a picture of the dream partner.
- The rest gave specific descriptions for the dream partner.
I want a man with qualities that are impossible to be in one person.
HOW DO YOU THINK OF MARRIAGE?
- Family. Kids. Love. Romance.
- It’s a relationship based on respect and mutual understanding. I understand it takes compromises, and a deep sense of commitment.
- A stage in your life that is hard to avoid.
- A sacred bond based on mutual love and respect.
- m3 el zaman … kol haga btet3’yr .. ela howa !! 7ayfdl ganbk 😀 wa yt7mlk 😀 dh lw kan by7bk bgd !! 😀 he will always be there for you 😀 :))
- Having a life of which you choose and build with someone you want as in theory is kinda fascinating.
- it’s when u willingly choose the person u want to nag and be nagged from for the rest of ur life..happily!
- As a social project.what you give you take and you have always to compromise.
- marriage is an institutionalized relationship.
- Marriage is a partnership that needs effort, patience and constant work to keep it going. It’s not fun, and it’s no fairy-tale. It’s a huge responsibility and requires a good understanding of the person you will commit to, and vice versa.
- It is a bless, or at least it is supposed to be so
- It think of it as an institution that people need to understand that is sacred, and that they contribute the results to the whole universe. It is that big
- The “forever” part creeps me out but other than that, it can be beautiful. Given that the people love each other and are content with each other and not forced into it because of society
- I can’t see myself as someones wife but hopefully someone out there is looking for the unconventional
- A life to be. A pleasure that’s yet to come where I don’t need to reason anymore.
- sa3at bafakar eno kwayes w sa3at ba7es eno 7ayah takledya w roteen zay ay 7ad ya3ni hygebo 3yal w hy7sal mashakel w b3den ytsal7o w momkn mytsal7osh w fe e7tmal n el atfal tetshared w tetla3 m3a2ada … momkn tkon afkary mo3akada shoaya bs dh ely ana bshofo kteeer el yomen dol! 😦
- شراكة على الحلوة والمرة
- Marriage is a different phase of life .. we’ve been always living with our families, we probably all been studying or maybe we started working earlier. The Transition between both phases is the difficult one, I would be responsible from now on, it’s all about responsibility and commitment. It’s the challenge to cross this phase successfully .
- I also believe that marriage, if choices are wrong, can cause irreparable harm. So, one should be cautious.
- besides the social syndrome of being single but marriage should be very interesting but if u really find your ideal partner
- i think it is a good part in life .. that you will not be only one any more
- Nothing special.
- It’s an important part of life and religion, a huge responsibility for both partners.
- شر لابد منه
- It is a very hard thing .. But only the best things r hard
- It’s simply commitment and responsibility of each partner to take care of the other one. Marriage should be fun, happy, relax, cute, pleasure, safe, and to feel content with your partner.
- The prophet described man to life as a traveler going to his destination stopping to rest in the shade of a tree for a mere moment. Marriage is having someone there resting with you, ultimately they could convince you to alter your destination. Make you happy, make you miserable. Not mandatory in anyway. You would make way to your destination with companion or without.Of how to share this rest and journey, people talk about acceptance; I don’t like this talk, it only reeks of low standards. One shouldn’t settle. And as with travelers on a dangerous rode, they should treat each other with respect, help each other, have their separate duties and responsibilities to make it through. And as with travelers and because they are two there should be a leader. Not a dictator, not an oppressor but a leader nevertheless. One that should heed the council of his fellow traveler, one that should put his fellow traveler’s needs before his own but a leader nevertheless. One that would strive to gratify but knows when and more importantly how to punish; For this companionship is very fragile no matter how strong it may seem to be. As hard as it may be but as possible as it may be as well fellow travelers could decide not to travel with each other any more. they may still want to go to the same destination but they got bored of their companion, they got fed up with the tiny little details that they never saw with the pink relationship goggles at the beginning or simply had a change of mind at which case they both have the freedom to walk away.
- it is to start building out life together without interfering of any one neither her family nor mine. i think we should not do everything only because people does like neesh 😀 , we can make our lives easier and help marriage if we really get rid of these stuff.
- I think of marriage as a necessary step in someone’s life. It’s wholesome and it encourages us to be who we are, to learn about ourselves and to focus on living life right.I think marriage always makes us closer to God, and it’s important for our happiness.
DO YOU HAVE ANY FEARS OR CONCERNS?
- 7 (3 females+4 males) said they don’t
- 1 said they don’t know
HOW CRUCIAL IS LOVE TO MARRIAGE?
- 20 (8 male + 12 female) think it’s very crucial. They said love is the base of a successful marriage.
- 11 (5 male + 6 female) think it’s not. They said a marriage can’t be founded on just love.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ARE THE REASONS BEHIND DIVORCE’S HIGH RATES LATELY?
I really like all the answers I got, I guess I’m gonna write about them separately (they can be a book material, seriously)
HOW MUCH DOES SOCIAL PRESSURE PLAY A ROLE IN YOUR LIFE CHANGING DECISIONS?
- Extremely low 4
- Low (1-4) 13
- Average (5-6) 8
- High (7-10) 6
- Extremely High 1
HOW URGING IS YOUR SEXUAL NEEDS FOR YOU TO GET MARRIED?
- Extremely low 1
- Low 4
- High 12
- Average 9
- 3 said they won’t let it control their decisions about marriage
- 1 said they don’t think about that issue because we’re not in Europe
- 1 said they don’t know
HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING, IF YOU WERE MARRIED, WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU CONSIDER A DIVORCE?
- 15 answered with cheating/lying/distrust
- 7 said not being in love anymore/not being happy anymore/not enjoying each other’s company
- 6 gave many answers which can be summarized with ‘wrong choices’.
- 2 said abuse
- 2 said changing partners
- 2 said disrespect
- 2 said boredom
- 2 said if the other partner is giving less
- 1 said lack of communication
- 1 said when families interfere more than they should
- 1 said behavior
- cheating, or a difference in opinion that would change the course of my life dramatically e.g. if he tells me i’m not allowed to work and have to stay at home looking after our children.
- ana dyman mo3tkda en madam etnen etgwzo msh y2dro ysibo b3d .. lazm 7aywslo l 7al wasl yrdy el tarfen madam by7bo b3d .. f madam ana ba7bo awy ,.. fekrt el tala2 msh gaya 3ala baly !!
- Disobeying and not doing the role of being a wife.
- If my wife turned out to be not religious enough, or if she gradually lost me as her most important object of focus; which is just another way of she not loving me anymore.
HOW DO YOU EXPECT YOUR LIFE WOULD BE AFTER MARRIAGE?
- 10 expect their lives to be happy/cheerful/peaceful/better
- 8 think it’ll be balanced, hard and challenging in a good way
- 4 think it’s gonna be different
- 3 said they don’t know/depends on the partner (all girls)
- 2 think it’s gonna be tiring and boring
- 2 think it’s gonna be challenging and responsible
- 1 thinks it’s gonna be quiet
- 3 hoped they won’t change, it won’t turn into a routine, and they won’t have to be lonely
DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A RESPONSIBLE PARTNER?
- 14 (8 female+6 male) gave a firm yes
- 11 (7 female+4 male) hesitated, or gave answers like “Maybe” or “Hopefully”
- 7 (4 female+3 male) gave a firm No
DO YOU EVER TALK TO MARRIED PEOPLE? IF YES HOW CAN YOU DESCRIBE THEIR LIFE AFTER MARRIAGE?
- 4 said No (all are single)
- The rest said yes:
- 11 said that most of the married couple they see are not happy, bored, or miserable.
- 7 described their friends’ lives with happy, stable or satisfied
- 6 said they see happy and unhappy couple, it varies.
- 3 said they change after marriage
- Yes, some of them met my expectations (one describes his wife as an angel that god sent him to make him happy, you can tell he is truthful by looking into his eyes or simply by the fact that she is not there when he says that :D), some became miserable hopeless creatures with zero ambition that only wants to get the baby to stop crying or hating how their wife looked after pregnancy and thinking of marrying again. Counter to your expectations the one who is happy with his marriage has it alot harder (quality of life wise) than the whiner. It’s all about your attitude, and about thinking as an I or a we.
- yes and i can say 1 out of 7 is happy,the rest either divorced,considering divorce or just in it for the sake of the kids